Compassion + Energy + Power
Bivona Young Professionals
/sites/default/files/NEW%20BYP%20APP.pdfWhat’s the most powerful force to fight childhood sexual abuse? Awareness!
Secrecy and shame just don’t stand a chance against a community full of people with knowledge about what’s wrong and a commitment to bring hope to the lives of children who have been abused. You can make a difference, raise awareness, and be a force for good.
We’re launching Bivona Young Professionals (BYP) to create that force within Greater Rochester. It’s a concrete way to help a lot of kids—the more than 1,000 who come to us each year, and the many more who don’t yet know we can help. Will you join us?
Make a difference for abused children
We are envisioning a dynamic group of professionals in their 20s and 30s who can lend their talents and expertise to help with:
- telling Bivona’s story in the community, and reaching out to others who can spread the word
- raising money—through events, appeals, viral campaigns, you name it
- volunteering at special events, such as our annual Wine Tasting, Golf Tournament, or Open That Bottle Night
- generating new ideas for awareness and advocacy
Give yourself credit
We all know that whenever you make time and space to help out someone else, the rewards spill over to you as well. We expect that you will benefit from:
- an expanded professional and social network of people who are similarly moved by the plight of abused kids, and who share your energy and passion to make a difference. (Those of us who’ve worked for or with Bivona Child Advocacy Center know that it’s fertile ground for some pretty strong friendships!)
- getting in on the ground floor to help us build a vibrant Bivona Young Professionals. We’ll be looking for all the great ideas and creativity you can offer to make this group a success. Be a part of the entrepreneurial spark!
- leadership opportunities through positions on BYP's Executive Committee and future sub-committees. There will be several slots open for people willing to make a commitment of time and effort. Service in this arena will prepare you for potential future membership on the Bivona Child Advocacy Center Board, as well as for other community organizations.
Interested in BYP?
We are currently compiling an email list so that we can send announcements of upcoming events, volunteer opportunities and other ways to stay involved. If you are interested, Let us know and we'll add you to the list! You're not obligated to anything….just open to the possibilities!
We invite you to learn more about us by browsing around our site. While BYP has its own Facebook page and LinkedIn subgroup that we would love to have you "like", Bivona Child Advocacy Center also has a presence on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. We'd be delighted to have you follow us there as well. It's a good first step toward spreading the word!
BYP Facebook page
BYP LinkedIn group
Bivona Child Advocacy Center Facebook page
Bivona Child Advocacy Center Twitter page
Bivona Child Advocacy Center LinkedIn group